Why Should You Hire Professional Painters?
Paint plays a huge part in defining the look of your home, both inside and out. When that paint starts to fade, show signs of age, or just fall out of style, it’s an opportunity to give your home a makeover that won’t break the bank. But, when it comes time to add a fresh coat to any part of your home, you need to decide whether you want to tackle the project yourself or hire professional painters. Here’s a look at what a professional painting company can bring to your project and why it’s probably worth the investment.
The Benefits of Hiring Professional Painters
At first glance, painting seems simple. Go out, buy the paint, throw down some plastic and get it done, right? Actually, there is a lot more to it if you really want to get the job done correctly. That’s where professional painters come in. When you hire a professional painting company, you can expect the following:
- The right products – We can ensure that you get the right type of paint for every part of your project.
- Up-to-date style – Professional painters stay on top of current style trends and techniques and can provide tips and suggestions for your home.
- Proper preparation – Many DIY-ers don’t realize how much prep work goes into doing a proper painting job. Pros have it down to a science.
- To save time – A project that may take you weeks could be completed in as little as one day by a team of professionals.
- Less stress – Eliminate all those trips to the store to buy supplies and find the right color.
- Perfect details – The difference between a great painting job and one that doesn’t look right is in the details. A professional company’s painters know exactly how to put the finishing touches on your paint job.
- Safety – Don’t put yourself in danger by climbing up and down ladders and trying to get to those hard-to-reach places.
- Lead paint experience – Any professional painting team should know how to handle old paint jobs that include lead paint.
- Warrantied work – Your paint job should last a long time, but if for some reason it doesn’t, your project should be backed by a warranty.
- Help when you need it – If you hire a local painting company, you can reach out to them if you have questions or need a touch-up.
How to Find the Right Professional Painters
It’s a smart investment to hire professional painters, but you need to make sure that you choose the right company for the job. So, how do you know the good companies from the wannabes? Here are five things to look for:
- Licenses and insurance – Any reputable painting company should be properly licensed and insured to work on your home.
- Local – You want a company with roots in your area that understands local trends and style.
- An extensive portfolio – Before you hire a company, you’ll want to see some of their past work.
- Accreditation with the Better Business Bureau – Look for a company that is recognized by the BBB for peace of mind.
- Warranties – If you’re going to invest your money in their work, you want to know that they stand behind it.
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of hiring professional painters in the Seattle, Washington, area, contact AV Painting. We’d be happy to talk with you about it and show you some of our successful projects.